Sep 21, 2010

Hello paycheck meet new boots!

Well it's that time of year ladies...where you trade in those flip flops for ballet flats, and those infamous short shorts (well, at least for me ha!) for some nicely paired jeans.  Yep!! You know what I'm referring to...Fall weather!! Yayyyy!! lol I mean don't get me wrong.. a girl loves the whole summer, beach hair, dark tan, and California-girl look but sometimes you get tired of that G-D heat, ESPECIALLY in Houston!!  So what do you do you say... Well transition your Summer clothes to Fall clothes that is!

There's something about the cool weather that makes you want to dress more, how do you say...demure than skanky! haha I say this because I've been running around all summer half-clothed!  Now I know my boyfriend doesn't mind but it's hard to get away with that when you've got the some-what cool air blowing through...ahem! you know....you're bare legs silly!!  But anways, Fall fashion has always been a favorite of mine.  And when I mention fashion, I mean the persona it takes.  Each person is different, as it should be, but each closet should carry the basics.  And in correlation to this article...MY (top five) Fall basics.

Numéro un: A Crisp White Shirt
Oo la la...there's nothing more refined and sexy than a nice, wrinkle-free white button-down.  Now I pair "my whites" with practically anything because it's so versatile!  But my all time favorite look is a white-button with a nice pair of jean trousers or my black cigarette pants. Tres chic!!

 (Lafayette 148 New York 'Camilla' Blouse)

Numéro deux: A Pair of Jean Trousers (preferably in a darker wash)
Hugs in the right places (ahem, the glutes) but still able to elongate your legs which adds height and becomes more slimming than a pair of skinny jeans.  I like to pair trousers with either ballet flats on weekdays/ relaxed weekends or when it's still a little warm outside, wedges.

 (7 For All Mankind Ginger Pant in Light Mercer)

Numéro trois: A Cashmere Cardigan (preferably gray, camel, or black)
Such a staple to any wordrobe in ANY season!  I can be seen either wearing one of these at work with my scrubs on, running errands around town, lounging at the casa or thrown on a nice cocktail dress.  It's. just. that. versatile. (and comfortable I might add).  I love the long V-neck look and of course with buttons.  A cardigan wrap will do as well.

(J. Crew Cashmere V-neck Cardigan)

à quatre: Ballet flats (with a twist)!
I say with a twist because even though you can have the simplest outfit on, I still love to add a little "pop" to my wardrobe.  And that "pop" usually comes from either my shoes or another accessory but in this case, it would be my ballet flats.  My attire is usually classic looking during the Fall so when I incorporate an animal print or a little sparkle, I get a little excited.

(Steve Madden Kinnetic)


Numéro à cinq: A Trench Coat
Symbolic.  That is all I have to say... Now I have yet to find one for this season but I'm leaning more towards a younger, some-what slimming but yet classic look. Yaknowwhatimean... =P  And a trench is perfect especially during the transition from Summer to Fall because it's not too bulky or heavy for those cool nights but it's still able to block away from the wind or rain for that matter (hello Houston)! lol

(MICHAEL Michael Kors Short Trench Coat)

Ok.... I know I just got done mentioning my top five Fall basics but I really wanted to add this one because it's soooo sexy! And I know it's not really a basic because I would probably wear it a couple a times (and when I say couple, I mean I can count the times in one hand).
 (Elizabeth and James 'Blend' Boot)

Ok then that is all of it!  Now that I've gotten and dusted out my basics out of the way...time to get my "Fall on!" haha And of course, with anything, it'll always change throughout the season.