Dec 11, 2012

Inspiration, again.

Why hello there... I know, I know I've been MIA, yet again.  But the school year is winding down and I made a promise to myself to keep up with my postings, at least, until Spring semester.  Also, I like to take a side note to thank, Caroline, for inspiring me to get back into blogging.  I stumbled upon her page, After Dinner Dance, after I had a hankering for some cake batter frozen yogurt.  I know, weird huh?  But anyways... her recipe, along with others, looked quite healthy and yummy.  I then navigated to her 'About me' section and found some similarities between us.  First, we're both from Houston (well, I'm from Sugar Land) and second, we both have a passion for living a healthy lifestyle BUT in a practical, "real world" matter.

 I say "real world" because even though we like to think we can automatically throw ourselves into this total-health- no carb, low cal, paleo, raw foodist- diet, we all know that's totally impossible.  We're human for goodness sake!  I'm all for eating healthy but don't restrict yourself to where you're compromising taste, your health but most importantly, your sanity!  I'm a big believer in having indulgences.  I "eat clean" 80 to 90% of the time but the other percent, I'm savoring those pieces of dark chocolate or diving into Laloo's goat's milk ice cream.  MMm..

Ok where was I? Haha Sorry I was rambling again.  But yes, thank you Caroline and to Instagram.  Instagram, by the way, has completely changed my outlook on health and fitness.  I've never been so inspired in my life than this past year because of it.  I'm lifting more and finding new ways to eating healthy.  So again, it's because of my followers and those I follow on Instagram that has gotten me more excited about health and fitness.  And if it weren't for you guys (and Caroline), I'd probably be sitting on my couch munching on a bag full of Fritos. jk :P

Also, stay tuned because I have an AWESOME recipe for a "raw" cheesy sauce. 

- Abigail