It's Monday (sigh) and my typical routine as follows- breakfast, work, study, workout, dinner then bed. Exciting stuff huh? I'm currently sitting up-right in bed, watching 'Bethenny Ever After.' I love her. Anyways.. this post is dedicated to Sunday prep-day which usually involves cutting, sipping on wine, cutting, sipping on more wine, and packaging my food for the next two to three days. There's two days I usually dedicate this day to and that's Sunday and Tuesday and the occasional Friday.
The menu for this week includes a salad of some-sort and a new recipe, Jamie Eason's 'Turkey Meatloaf Muffins.' Yea..weird huh? Muffins?! I took on this recipe because I wanted to see what the hoopla was about. And when I say "hoopla," I'm referring to the trending pictures on Instagram. When I googled it, the result took me to bodybuilding.com and my first reaction was, woah! This means low carbs, high protein, portion-sized eats and guess what, I was right. :)
Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
|(Before putting in the oven)|
|(right out of the oven)|
You can Google the recipe online or just follow this link: Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Or you can get it here!! :)
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dry yellow mustard - Note: I couldn't find this so I just used wet yellow mustard (2 tsp)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice (I found this in a McCormick brand)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
I copied and paste this by the way. Haha I'm so lazy but whatever! The result- it was filling and delicious! It's kinda spicy but I like spicy! But the thing is.. I don't eat meat too often so I'm left with a lot of balls haha. So this week, I'm passing out turkey meatball muffins to my coworkers, friends, neighbors. Jk on neighbors. But I HIGHLY recommend making these because they're so convenient especially when you're on the go and they're only 80 calories per 'muffin!!' Yes. Amazing!!
Btw ever since I copied and paste the recipe and directions, I'm not able to go back to the alignment of my paragraphs. Dang! Oh well, I'm done anyways. Have a lovely night everyone!