Apr 1, 2012

{iLoveSundays}

Good morning to everyone!..and Happy April Fools' Day!!

I didn't realize it was April until I looked at my phone.  My goodness this year is passing by so quick!  And I don't want to because I have my TEAS test to take on May 30. EK!!

Anyways, I do apologize for the lack of postings this past week.  I have been kinda "Debby-downer" for the past couple of days but this morning, I felt kinda refreshed and a some-what, improving mood.  My beautiful Sunday (because that's what I'm going to call it) started with a bowl of watermelon that was prepared by the grocer and I had some REALLY ripe mangoes to go with it.


Looks delish huh?! ;)  When I woke up this morning I was contemplating in going to spin class at 9:45am (and I can still go too because it's only 8:30am) but then decided not to.  So instead I opted for a low to moderate- impact workout today since I took a beating from yesterday's early 75-FRIKIN-MINUTE Total conditioning class.  Yea, it was intense but mannn my body felt and looked good too. HA!  And tomorrow I have Total conditioning again.  So today.. I will be doing a 30-min. HIIT cardio-drill, provided by my handy Nike Training Center app- which by the way, I HIGHLY recommend downloading and you'll see why- followed by hot vinyasa.

[ Hot vinyasa- is a yoga class provided by my gym, Lifetime Fitness, which is basically doing yoga in a hot room but in a vinyasa form.  Vinyasa or Ashtanga Vinyasa is a constant flow that's fast paced and more fitness-like which allows the body to generate more heat (as in burn morn calories) by going through a series of sun salutations and such. ]

I do yoga at least once-a-week because it gives my body a sense of calmness especially after having a week or a couple of days of heart-pounding, kick-my-A workouts. haha And I've noticed that I get a certain kind of muscle tone after I do yoga- one that is lean, and toned other than the usual feeling or result I get from strength conditioning. So altogether now.. yoga does a body REAL good! and more flexible too. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Raw Meal blend- (either w/ AB or banana)
 
Oh I also need to add this to my post especially from yesterday.  I posted my post-workout meal on Facebook and Instagram and had a couple of questions to what it was.  It's a "Raw Meal" meal replacement blend from Garden of Life.















I bought it on Amazon because it's RIDICULOUSLY expensive at Whole Foods.  But I bought it because it's (a) raw, of course and (b) it's fast and convenient especially when you're on-the-go (like I was yesterday).  And I usually blend it was banana but that day I blended it was a tablespoon of almond butter because I had an intense workout.  But it's really delicious and filling.

Try it!  But buy it on Amazon.










Okay, my lovely people, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday because we all know we have to go back to work tomorrow.  Ugh! I least for me but it is a four-day week because I have off on Good Friday.

Love,
Abigail