Mar 26, 2012

It's Monday already?!

 

Yes!! Where did the weekend go??

Anyways, it's Monday and like most of America, I bet you overindulged over the weekend.  So...here's some motivation for you!!

Did it work? ;)  It did for me because I just got done with an intense Total Conditioning class at Lifetime Fitness.  Total conditioning is basically High-Intensity Interval Training aka HIIT.  If you want more information about HIIT or the benefits of it, you can visit this website: askmen.com
Most of my workouts, taking a class or not, involves this type of training.  My essentials for completing a good HIIT workout is a step-bench, one light and one heavy set of weights, resistant bands, yoga mat, and a jump rope.  My home is also supplied with these equipment just because it's good to have an 'at-home' gym.  After I got done with 60 minutes of 'Total Conditioning,' I finished it with lower-ab movements on a decline ab bench: one leg, toe-touches, straight-leg reverse crunches, scissor kicks, and in-between sets, I did some side-plank pushups.  Again, this is all done on a decline on the ab bench.  Try it!! It works! :)

Daily eats:
 
Ok so anyways.. my day started off with green lemonade then prepared this as my first solid meal.  It's a good RAW version of a peanut butter & banana sandwich.  And it's packed with a lot of deliciousness and protein!!

Overnight-oats w/ mashed banana, chia seeds & almond butter


The morning kinda went by quick especially Mondays at a doctor's office- those damn kids! haha jk jk gotta love 'em. ;)  After breakfast, I ate my FAVORITE salad of all time.. it's raw, SUPER green, filling, and oh soooo yummy.

Massaged-kale with Tomatoes, Onions, and Avocado

I got the recipe from...surprise, surprise from www.simplyrawrecipes.com
Recipes as follows, if you are too lazy to click on the link:

Recipe for Massaged-Kale Salad:

1 Head of Kale
1 organic tomato (chopped)
Handful of sliced red onions
Juice of half-a-lemon
2 Tbsp. of Cold First-pressed olive oil
A splash of Agave nectar

Dash of coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper
Handful of sunflower seeds
Sprinkle of sea salt

Rinse and pull leaves from stem.  Sprinkle a dash of sea salt to kale and massage until tender and wilted.  Pour olive oil and lemon juice on top and massage more for tenderness.  Squeeze a splash of agave nectar.  Sprinkle seasonings: coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper.  Finally, throw in chopped tomatoes, sliced red onions, and a handful of sunflower seeds.  Mix well and enjoy!  

For a more filling lunch or dinner, I slice and cube 1/2 an avocado on top.

Ok well it's getting late and I need to get to bed because Tuesday (along with Thursdays) are my long days.  Happy blogging!

- Abigail